Because I Left DV Blessing #5884: Limitless Mind
By April Tribe Giauque
3 Ways To Dream Again—Believe With A Limitless Mind That Anything Is Possible
Welcome to “Three Ways To Dream Again—Believe With A Limitless Mind That Anything Is Possible.”
April Tribe Giauque here with a new Because I left Domestic Violence Blessing #5,884 Podcast called limitless mind for every sur-thriver of domestic violence who wants to use your limitless mind to dream again and dream again—Believe with a limitless mind that anything is possible without having to fall into the Shame Shadow's dream killer trap.
Here’s what I mean...
Way #1 - Growth Minded
* “In a growth mindset, people believe that their most basic abilities can be developed through dedication and hard work—brains and talent are just the starting point. This view creates a love of learning and a resilience that is essential for great accomplishment.” (Dweck, 2015)
* With a growth mindset, sur-thrivers continually work to improve their skills, leading to greater growth and ultimately, success, but they have to believe that they are WORTH the improvement and to Throat-Punch the Shame Shadow each time he tries to bring up the negativity.
* The growth mindset allows people to value what they’re doing regardless of the outcome. They’re tackling problems, charting new courses, working on dreaming again.
Way #2 - Limitless Mind
* Now that you have a positive and growth mindset, the application of this needs to not limit your mind.
* Things that limit your mind are "my way or the high way," Can't, reality, remembering a negative event that happened to you and believing that that is your worth/value—basically you are limited in what you can do because of that event/trauma.
* Victim thinking draws borders and limits what you can do in all aspects of your life. (Because I was in DV I am only worth X).
* Limitless thinking is this: You can solve problems in different ways and/or with different
* Solutions. You are worthy of more.
* Limitless thinking never quits or settles. You are searching for your dream and taking action towards it knowing that it can happen.
Way #3 - Speak And Take Action On Your Dream
* Tell your dream out loud to your supporters. In speaking your dream, they can help encourage you towards it.
* They hold you accountable for your dream by checking in on you to see how you are doing with it.
* When life happens (the bumps and unexpected hits of reality), don't quit. Find another solution, seek out another way to solve the problem, and never, never never quit on your dream.
So, here are the big takeaways for every sur-thriver of domestic violence:
1. Value your dream because you are worthy and worth it!
2. You can solve problems in different ways and with different solutions.
3. Never, never, never, never quit on your dreams.
The main idea here is that you can use your limitless mind to dream again without having to fall into the Shame Shadow’s dream killer trap.
Before I forget, if you’re one of the sur-thrivers of domestic violence whose goal is to put this whole process on steroids, take a couple of minutes to check out my audiobook Pinpoints of Light Escaping the Abyss of Abuse to see how I overcame the problems and have fulfilled many of my dreams. AUDIOBOOK
This makes it easy for you to use your limitless mind to dream again without having to fall into the Shame Shadow's dream killer trap!
TODAY Sunday, March 20, 2022, at 3:30 pm mountain